Transport, Logistics and Supply Chain Management Skills Training….
This training seminar on Logistics and Supply Chain Management focuses on the sustainability of an organization which has been gaining momentum over the last decade. It is a topic that has reached the Executive Board in companies across the Globe.
A simplified explanation of Logistics and Supply Chain sustainability revolves around an organizations Supply Chains efforts in the area of environment, waste and risk assessment and improvement.
This Logistics & Supply Chain Management training is aimed at both suppliers and buyers who need an overview of the key drivers involved when viewing supply chains from a logistics / demand point of view and appreciate what logistics and supply chain management are fundamentally about, and that delegates are able to:
- Apply key techniques to control lead time in the movement of goods and materials to customers and users
- Find the right cost and service balance
- Use practical skills to take back to the workplace to change current methods
- Work better with all supply chain players
Participants attending the training seminar will:
- Gather new insights into developing logistics and supply chain to achieve competitive advantage
- An increased understanding of the impact of logistics and supply chain management on costs and financial performance
- Appreciation of approaches and frameworks that can be applied to different market segments
- Reviews of the latest thinking on supply chain strategy, planning and execution
This Logistics & Supply Chain Management training will be presented in a highly professional trainer in an interactive manner, with a very impactive computer presentation style.
Participants will learn by active participation during the training seminar through the use of exercises, questionnaires, syndicate and group discussion, training videos and discussions on “real life” issues in their organizations.
- Appreciation of how competitive advantage can be achieved within dynamic market places
- Understanding of the impact of enhanced logistics and supply chain performance on the overall profitability of the organisation
- Ability to address the management of supply chain risks
- Recognition of the value of working across functions
- An Action plan to enable improved logistics and supply chain performance
- Appreciate changes to business processes that are taking place
- Gain the financial benefits that effective supply chain management can bring
- Determine how time builds up in supply chains and that time is cash
- Be able to understand, recall and apply improvements after the seminar for work based application
- Apply best in class practices
- Learn from other delegates experiences and practices
Who Should Attend?
- Senior Supply Chain Managers and Executives looking at thought leadership of their own supply chain as well as other delegates experienced and methods
- Junior Supply Chain Executives, helping to bring them up to speed with the latest thinking, frameworks, tools and implementation
- Marketing, customer service and manufacturing managers and directors who are seeking supply chain integration or who need to understand the impact of supply chain decisions upon their company’s performance
- Those wanting to create Action within the supply chain to increase value and reduce cost
Understanding Logistics and the Supply Chain
- Definitions of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- History and the Development
- Understanding the Supply Chain Dynamics
- International and Global Logistics
- Supply Chain Operations Reference Models (SCOR)
- The Theory of Constraints (TOC)
- The Role of Transportation in Logistics
- Management Key Decisions
- Types of Mode or Intermodal System
- International Commercial Terms in Transportation and the Liabilities
- Documentation in Transportation
- Hazardous Materials Transportation
Performance, Risk and Warehouse Management
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Warehouse Management:
- Role in the Supply Chain
- Equipment Selection
- Supply Chain Risks:
- Exchange Rates
Procurement in Supply Chain
- The Difference between Procurement and Purchasing
- What is the role of Procurement and Purchasing?
- Support Operational Requirements
- Manage the Procurement Process and the Supply Base
- Develop Strong Relationships with Other Functional Groups
- Team Roles and Responsibilities
- Statistics in Inventory Management
- Financial in Inventory Management
- Selective Inventory Control Management
- Understanding Inventory Status
- Reducing Excess and Obsolete Inventory
- Improving the Organisations Logistics and Supply Chain
Dolphins Training & Consultants ltd
View Park Towers ,10th Fl ,Utalii Lane & L584-off UN Avenue, Gigiri.
P O Box 27859 00100 Nairobi, Kenya Tel +254-20-2211362/4/5 or 2211382 Cell+254-712-636404
Your No.1 Corporate Training Partner DIT No./ 711
We push the human race forward and so do you….. Unleash Your True Potential….!